Thursday, October 16, 2008

Scott 24HR- BMC Pairs finish 3rd


With a definite lack of training in the lead up to the scott this year I knew this race was going to be a tough one!!!! Catching up with Troy and Jac on the Friday night over an enourmous plate of pasta a Zeffers, I started hoping that I would make it through the full 24hrs without letting Troy Down.

I was voted to do the honours of running into the 1st lap and while it wasnt a fantastic start it got us through the majority of the crowds. A bit of passing over the next 10kms of track and I started getting some nice clear runs.
we started our race with some double laps giving us each a good 90mins rest between riding which i found worked really well. We were sitting in 3rd place in pairs just behind the Giant boys with everything running smoothly until Troy flatted at about 5:30pm. With a slice too big for the Stans' to seal and the lockring stuck on the valve we slipped back to 4th place, 20mins behind the newly 3rd team.
We decided to try a few 'hot' single laps in an attempt to gain some time on 3rd place which paid off well bringing us back into 3rd place just after midnight.
From midnight on we were able to gain time on 4th place but only managed to keep the same time to the Giant boys sitting 2nd.


My BMC trailfox (converted to 4in) ran sensationally all day and night and just loved the climbs and smashed the descents. It was the perfect bike for the occasion! My Kenda tyres hooked up so well in the loose dust it was incredible and had no issues with flats at all!!! They are tough!!!
A massive thankyou also goes out to retrolight who have provided me with lighting since I started racing 24hrs in April 2007. Thats 7 24hrs and not one lighting issue!!!! They ROCK!!!

Thankyou to Troy for a great partnership in this one and getting me motivated again after the World 24hr.

I would also like to thank my girlfriend, Rach (best vegemite sambos ever!), Troys parents Ray and Anne and of course Jac
:-) these people make the races happen for us!!!