Monday, April 20, 2009

2009 BMC 100km

My Race this weekend started heading in a downward spiral from 2am thursday morning when I woke up with a killer of a sore throat and a completely blocked nose! Nothing had improved by friday despite leaving work early. So i was hoping that the drive down and a night camping in a paddock with Brent would improve my condition! Unfortunately this was not the case and I continued to feel very average for the entire weekend. I struggled my way through the entire 100km pumping caffeine gels the whole way! At the 10km point i was very tempted just to pull the pin and crawl back into my sleeping bag, but I forced the legs to keep turning over and roll onto the finish line.
The course was absolutely fantastic with kilometers of flowing single track and some awesome log crossings. The people down there have done a great job on the tracks! It was great to see some 1200 mountain bikers down there to take part this weekend. I think everyone would have had a great time out there on those trails.JD