Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Chase The Sun, Round 2

With a damp start to this round, it looked like the tracks were going to be super tacky and a lot of fun to ride! This proved true too with the exception of that one slippery stick on a corner not too far from the finish of my 1st lap! I was down before I had time to blink and with a fresh dent in the top tube, a rediculously bent brake lever and a few grazes I rolled my way over the transition. The day continued with us sitting in 4th place and me starting to feel better after my disasterous 1st lap. With the last lap looming Lukey Fetch (riding solo) rolled throught the transition and I jumped on his wheel to finish the last lap with him. This went well till he decided to collide with another rider! One of the their bikes cartwheeled into me as I tried desperately to avoid another crash but luck was not on my side today! I was thrown over the bars and onto the raised granite single track! A bigger dent in the top tube, an even more bent brake lever and a whole heap of rocks in my arms and legs was not the ideal way to end the race but we still managed to hold onto 4th place. JD