Thursday, May 7, 2009

Chase The Sun Rd 1- 8hr that turned into a 5hr!

With the weather drizzling and overcast, troy and I started this race in pretty poor fashion with a broken chain on Troys bike at the start line. A speed link in and he was off again getting us back to a reasonable place after the first lap. I pulled a couple of riders back in my next lap pulling us to fifth position which we held for the rest of the race. As the day progressed we had mixed weather reports and at about lunch time the rain hit with winds reported up to 120k’s per hour! At the 5 hour mark with less than half the competitors who started still riding, the race was called off. It was a bit disappointing as despite the rain, I was having a ball out on the singletracks at Lysterfield. My Kenda Nevegal tyres with 26psi were hooking into the damp single tracks so well I felt like I was on a roadie on hotmix! Thanks heaps to Rach who braved the winds and rain, giving us time checks and kept us fed! Also to Jac who played taxi and goods transport. JD